Q2 2010 North America Email Trends and Benchmarks
Get them Clicking!
It is more important than ever to break through the inbox clutter and compel customers to open and click on links in your message.
Epsilon and the Email Experience Council released the Q2 2010 North America Email Trends and Benchmarks Results which show an 18.0% increase in open rates from the same time two years earlier.
The quarterly analysis is compiled from 5.6 billion emails sent by Epsilon in April, May and June 2010, across multiple industries and approximately 160 participating clients. The analysis combines data from both of Epsilon’s proprietary platforms, DREAM and DREAMmail.
- Open rates remain steady at 22.1%, increasing 18.0% from Q2 2008. Six of the thirteen industries had an increase in open rates over Q2 2009.
- The average click rate is 5.3%, down from the same time last year.
- The average volume per client increased 10.5% from Q2 2009.
- 60.9% of emails delivered by Epsilon were categorized as Marketing messages.
- Services messages had the highest open (42.5%) and click (7.7%) rates.
Fill out the form to the right to download this research.